Monday, January 14, 2013

mayn angelou


                                                                                  





        Mayn Angelou’s quote comments



After going through a major trauma at age seven, Angelou didn’t talk for almost five years. I believe I would not be able to live like this in fear of my family and friends treating me a lot different in many ways. I also believe I talk a little more then I should. If I am with friends or at a party or some kind of event I am the one my friends are waiting to say something funny or sarcastic. I’ve even noticed with my daily friends I am the one they turn to if we need something to do and I kind of lead us to go do an activity. I also believe that anyone and everyone will learn a lot more from listening and less talking. If you are talking then you learn nothing considering its coming from your mind so its already learned.

Angelou said she is comfortable using sic or seven languages, has spoken at one time or another as many as twelve, and has been a teacher in at least three. I myself am not comfortable using another language then the one I grew up with endless I absolutely have too. If I had to be fluent in a language though, I would want to be fluent in French cause I hear it’s the language of love and that would get the girls. I think we need many different types of languages in America because we house all different kinds but I also think every human is equal and if we all speak the same language then we might work better as a world. If we all worked together we might get farther. Everything from communication to helping fight cancer and stuff of that nature in the world.

Angelou plays solitaire with a deck of cards to occupy her “ small mind” when she is trying to get focused to write. Things I would say I do to occupy my time when I am procrastinating would be I make sure my room is super clean and organized or ill move my room around so there is something different. Something I kind of do when I am writing though to help me think of stuff to write would be that I enjoy playing video games or going for a run in the off time to let me think about what to write next. I have been known to stare off into space although this is kind of weird I believe it gives all my “ mind power” to what I am thinking about at that particular time.

Angelou mentions being told that “one can’t really learn after one is twenty-five.” I do not believe this is how that works because there is plenty of people that go to college after that age and learn lots of new things they keep with life. I don’t really have an opinion over rather older means you’re more focused or not I think it would be the same focus but maybe more patience for the older person so focus for longer so might even learn more.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll still be learning lots of things after the age of 25...I learn new things every day. Although I do think it might be harder to learn something like a musical instrument...or maybe that's just me--totally not musical. Your blog background is really cool...I wish you safety and success in your military career...

    ReplyDelete